Some tips on bonsai from years of experience. Make leaves grow smaller. Traditional or not? Some shortcuts have amazing results!
Things You’ll Need:
- Hair trimming scissors or good sewing scissors
- Copper wire, flat and round
- good detailed point wiresnips
- small pea gravel
- mastic (drastic cutting)
- root hormone powder
- various pots
Tips & Warnings
- Always keep an eye on any binding, either wire or string so as to avoid scarring.
- Never push or pull branches or trunks too far, it is easier to push it a bit more LATER than to deal with it breaking.
- Never cut too much, you can cut more than what is "traditionally" stated, but keep in mind, the more you cut the more time you wait to "fix" an accidental cut.
- Don't put on too much mastic, a little goes a long way.
- Push or pull too far, you break your tree. Very sad!
- Watch when you cut, not so much for the tree as for your fingers!