Friday, November 21, 2008

Black Prince Tomato

Jul 20, 2007 | 11:18 AM PST

Isn't it beautiful? The first one...all pretty, and smoky...this is fully ripe, oh so fully ripe. I cut it in half, I drizzled on some Olive Oil, some garlic...mozzarella and a tad of italian breadcrumbs...broiled....yum. Why do people insist on the standard sterile taste of commercial tomatoes? Why can they not 'think outside the box' and realize the best, tastiest tomatoes are not the 'pretty' orange beasts that is all you can find at the supermarket? Get yerself to the local Farmers Market this weekend and find some heirloom tomato, the weirder or uglier the better and treat yourself to a wonderful taste! Here is my article on how I save the seeds (next one, I promise!) SAVING TOMATO SEEDS

No comments:

Post a Comment