Friday, November 21, 2008

Halfway there!

Apr 24, 2007 | 11:25 AM PST

So, 2 days of work. The first day clearing half of the overgrown mess, the second day tilling in some worm castings (vermicompost). This is all hand done, due to lack of space & equipment, haha…I worked it all with the garden fork. Weeds, grass, various bulbs that I have no use for…some volunteer blackberries (bane of the PNW) and spiders…and here I have some garden space. This is only half done, but the hardest part has been done, IMHO. I planted some Tomato’s, an Early Girl, Beefsteak and a Cherry. I plan on putting in some Sugar Snap Peas after I build a trellis for them. Personally? I think I should have a ‘Get Out of Hell Free’ card for doing this…it IS a rental house, after all! Check out the pics, tell me what YOU think! This spot does get FULL sun, so at least it will produce!

Before:

After:

Tomatoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment