Friday, November 21, 2008

Who wants Pumpkin Pie?

Oct 16, 2008 | 3:51 PM PST

Never have understood why I go to this much trouble. I LOVE to make pumpkin Pie from scratch. I have to make them, it is a mission every year. Then I eat one piece. And Shannon does not 'do' pumpkin (she is a Key Lime Gal) so I have to figure out...what to do with pies. Ah! That's right! Coworkers! I do one thing that is ofter different, I will make a couple regular....and then I make my personal favorite. A savory one. Simple, leave out the evaporated milk!

This is my recipe (easier than reposting!) RKayne's Pumpkin Pie

I have to admit I am rather proud of it.

My other thing is I love to CARVE pumpkins. Every year, no matter where I am, must carve pumpkins. The ones in the pics I took in the recipe are from last year. This weekend I will be hitting the Farmers Market and getting a couple to carve. I can't wait! I am going for a big, heavy one...I want seeds.

And there is the OTHER thing I must have. Fresh Pumpkin Seeds. (My Recipe Here)

They are so wonderful...crispy fresh hot and tossed with any dang flavor you can think of. Something so yummy, and good for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment