Friday, November 21, 2008

Japanese Maples

Apr 4, 2007 | 4:05 PM PST
=

I have a couple Japanese Maples set aside for MamabearBSA and Mainegal because they cost SO much away from here (Seattle area) that are 3 years old. They will be getting a couple baby maples as well, but I wanted to make sure they get to take something back with them that is established and there is nothing more beautiful than a Japanese Maple Bonsai! I will take pictures of them soon, as well and update...at the very least they will be able to see the tree's that are going home with them! I have some before and after pics so they get to see how drastic a cutting the tree's will take as I have been informed by them both that they are concerned about how tough they are. I will put it this way, they are 3 years old, and I am just NOW going to repot them! A bonsai, as average, will be repotted at least once a year, but Japanese Maples THRIVE on neglect! So, on that note, here are some of my Japanese Maples at three years old. I have before and after pictures with the winter growth and then their 'spring/summer coat' :D So now is where i get to tease Mamabear and Mainegal....as these are some of My personal babies, hehe...


Before :


After :

No comments:

Post a Comment