Friday, November 21, 2008

Rock Layering Bonsai

Apr 6, 2007 | 1:35 PM PST

So, this is what I am going to do during the course of the year, my BIG project for the year. I am going to take THIS rock :

And I am going to put one of these White Wisteria Bonsai on it:


I have two of them that are cascading over and don't know which one to do it to. What I need to do is take the one I want and put it in a DEEP pot for awhile, then take it OUT of the pot and put it on the rock where I want it (towards the bottom in a crevice) with a bit of peat in the crease of the rock and the roots all over the place, haha. Then I will bury the whole thing in course sand for about a year. Then it will be ready...not a slow project but I can already see it in my head and am thinking it could be less than a year as I decided to use wisteria. I have had this rock for almost 5 years now waiting for the right project, so I know it is frost proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment