Friday, November 21, 2008

Fall goodies

Sep 11, 2007 | 11:28 AM PST

I got excited about doing some cold weather planting, now I just have to figure out what else to put in when the tomato's are done! I know I will be planting some Walla Walla onions in between the maters as they need to be there now, and then get some of the best sweet onions in the world come spring. But for the other spot, there are the sugar snap peas that are done, and I need to go pick the seed off of them and the early radishes I forced to bolt for next spring and clear it out. So, I will clear it, take down the trellis and stir in some compost and manure. I got some broccoli and brussel sprout seed, and there was something else! And I can't remember! OH! YES! PURPLE KOHLRABI! I love this, love tasty stuff that has odd appearances, these will suffice, hehe. As the tomatoes are finishing (I have time) I will probably throw spinach in..fresh spinach, yum! I am on the lookout for some material to make a cold frame as that is move able, I may lease on for the next year but if not I want to be able to move it! That would be great, having fresh lettuce all winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment