Friday, November 21, 2008

Water Gardening...indoors!

Oct 19, 2007 | 10:19 AM PST

I have a couple tanks (ok, a bunch, but only three for water!) and in the kitchen I decided to set up the ten gallon and put in some plants. It got a bit crowded, Red Ludwigia...Parrot Tail...Bamboo...Amazon Sword...the fish can barely move, haha.

So, I decided I need to move them. I have a 40 gallon tank in the bedroom that is now empty. I set up the 55 gallon tank, but had to make a lid (cats). So I did. No trim on it yet, but I did this with a Jig Saw! Yes, I am damn proud of it. Give me a circular saw or a table saw and I will be downright dangerously handy! HAHA!!

The plants in the ten gallon, well, most of them are going to the 40 gallon soon (would have been last night but with the wind I lost power so DAMMIT I MISSED HALF OF GRAY'S ANATOMY!! I DON'T WATCH TV but I do watch that...and House...I couldn't move the plants because I will not do that by candle light! I am going to separate the Sword, looks like I should be able to make it become 4 or 5 Swords, I am good at that :D the little ones I will keep in the ten gallon for now. I will move the Bamboo, but I am going to play, and chop one of them into canes the length of each section and see what happens, haha. The 40 gallon is mostly going to become 'just for plants' with maybe a few fancy guppies, a catfish and a sucker fish. This is going to be fun :D

And Yes, those are Goldfish, I get feeders (those were..and see how they have grown) and put them in the small tank until it is ready for pricey fish (usually about 2-3 months) and do the same all the way to the biggest (or last) tank that needs to be set up. After that I find someone with a pond to take them!

No comments:

Post a Comment