Friday, November 21, 2008

Trellis!

Jun 22, 2007 | 2:34 PM PST

The long overdue Sugar Snap Pea trellis is built! I had scrap wood. Dowels (thick) and some runner poles I picked up off the side of the road! After I measured out the height of the dowels (so my short self could reach the top!) I measured out the width and then notched the dowels evenly, on both sides. I ran Hemp twine all the way around each pole at the notch then all the way around the 4 poles, then criss-crossed it on 4 platforms. They are already reaching for the second platform of twine! I plan on, when they reach the top, cutting the twine so I can reach in and pick them easier. I figured a platform would be best with the limited space as they can spread out across the top nicely! It sits a bit over 4 ft tall by itself, add a foot for the raised area. Max likes to hang out in the garden with me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment