Friday, November 21, 2008

Basil, chives and parsley OH MY!

May 7, 2007 | 1:44 PM PST

I sowed some salad leaf basil, globe basil, garlic chives and triple curled parsley about a week ago and I have sprouts! I know the basils are up but in the other box (I like to use the cardboard flats like you get bottled water in) I am not sure if it is the parsley or the chives that are starting to come up yet! I would take pics, but as those here know, they don't look like anything yet. I will be sharing these a lot, I am sure...something came over me and I sowed the whole dang pack of seeds...all of them...some scattered here and there in the yard as well! We shall see what comes up. As for Basil, I take it when it gets heavy growth, chop it up and freeze it in cubes with just enough water to create 'basil cubes', bag them up and have fresh basil year round. I don't think it dries all that well...I have a few requests for baby herbs so guess that will help a bit...or I will be standing downtown with a tray of herbs asking for people to adopt them! No, worse case scenario and craigslist will get that listing (bring own dirt and pot!), hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment